Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible for home care?
- Have you been diagnosed with a new illness?
- Has your medication recently changed?
- Has your medical condition recently changed?
- Do you require therapy services?
- Would you rather be cared for at home?
- Have you been hospitalized recently?
- Do you feel you’re at risk for a fall?
If you answered yes to two or more of these questions, Atlantic AllCare could be for you. Speak with your physician or call Atlantic AllCare at 954.427.4546 to discuss your treatment options.
How do I know if my caregiver is qualified?
Every caregiver at Atlantic AllCare has been professionally trained, screened by the FBI Level 2, personally interviewed and tested by Atlantic AllCare staff and performance evaluated every 90 days.
What makes Atlantic AllCare different?
Besides having the highest level of quality and qualification, Atlantic AllCare prides itself on being a true family business. We are not just owned by a mother and son, our office staff are literally family and we have many caregivers that are mother/daughter, sisters or extended family.
Why should I hire Atlantic AllCare rather than finding a caregiver on my own?
We understand hiring a home care worker for your loved one can be overwhelming, you want to make sure they’re looked after by professional people with their well being and dignity in mind. You want peace of mind.There are many issues to consider as you decide whether to go with a home health care agency or hire a home health aide privately. The benefits of hiring a Atlantic AllCare are:
Atlantic AllCare performs a thorough Criminal Background Check and checks the status of all Home Health Aides we employ to ensure there are no pending abuse complaints or thefts against them.
Atlantic AllCare home health aides are hired and trained by a Registered Nurse to ensure only the best candidates get hired.
The Atlantic AllCare home health aide that comes to your home is a licensed, bonded and trained home health aide.
Atlantic AllCare has the manpower to fill a last minute sick call or to cover time off and vacations.
Atlantic AllCare carries workers compensation along with liability insurance. If a worker were to get injured while at your home, the agency would have the insurance to cover it. Hiring privately would mean you would be liable.
Atlantic AllCare pays the employee directly and handles the W2. Hiring privately, you would be responsible for paying the employee, providing a W9, and providing insurances.
My doctor is recommending home health care for me; can I request Atlantic AllCare by name?
Absolutely and it you may be surprised if he already knows us.
Who pays home health care services and how much do they cost?
Atlantic AllCare accepts private pay, work with many professional and family guardians and service all Long Term Care Insurance policies.
What’s the difference between "skilled" and "unskilled" medical care?
Skilled care is performed by an RN or LPN, while unskilled care, by an Home Health Aide.
What services can Atlantic AllCare caregivers provide in the home?
- Assist with transfers in/out of bed, chair, and vehicle. To lift, hold or transfer patient using good body mechanics
- Assist in/out of shower/tub, wash body/hair or bed sponge bath. Apply lotion as needed.
- Assist with dressing & undressing, getting clothes, fastening closures, assist with socks, shoes.
- Assist with use of commode, urinal or bedpan.
- Prepare meals & encourage proper nutrition & hydration according to prescribed diet & limitation. Pour liquids & cut food as needed.
- Observe & provide special skin care if needed to prevent breakdown.
- Keep living area clean & orderly such as making beds, changing linens, dusting/vacuum (once a week,) keeping kitchen & bathroom clean, (washing dishes/wiping counters), personal laundry, and removal of trash.
- Assist in placing phone calls by looking up number & dialing if necessary.
- Attend to Patient’s requests & needs that fall within HHA’s responsibilities promptly.
- Maintain record of daily care & observations & report significant changes to RN.
- Adhere to agency’s care procedures & standards of personal & professional conduct.
- Give medication reminders at prescribed times & assist if needed.
- When ordered by RN: Measure & record vital signs (Temperature, pulse, blood pressure, respirations).
- Remind of appointments & accompany to Dr.’s appt, pick up prescriptions as needed.
- Grocery shop for or with patient & assist with carrying items into home.
- Call 911 in case of a medical emergency & call Atlantic AllCare RN immediately after.
- If patient falls while within reach of HHA, the aide should assist in lowering the patient to the floor while protecting their head, make them comfortable & follow normal emergency procedures.
How long is the wait time for services?
Often we are able to begin care on the same day of request, but guarantee within 24 hours.
Can I reach someone after hours?
Always. We have a 24 hour paging service and an RN on call 24 hours a day 365 days a year.
How often will my home health care visits be?
This will be determined by the care you would like and is reviewed by your physician.
How does Atlantic AllCare collaborate with my doctors?
After our nurse sends him/her our evaluation, the physician sends us a plan of care that we implement. Often times, either by request or as we thinks it’s needed, an Atlantic AllCare nurse with accompany the client to the doctor appointment.